Thursday, November 18, 2004

from tights to feminism

Went googling for striped or polka spotted tights for Aidan. Turned up "Ladies Against Feminism," a website for/by women who like having the vote and like being able to create websites, but wish feminists did not exist. Where is Elizabeth Cady Stanton when I need her? My e-mail to the "ladies" at the site in which I asked them to think about changing their name--I thought that a history lesson about the long struggle for the vote would help--has not yet been answered. I am willing to wait:

for a useful and meaningful definition of the "F" word, without changing the word
for a new president
for hair to grow

Here's to ladies, but not the ones against feminism who want the website and the vote, but not the baggage of a word.
Here's to mothers, especially those of the Friday variety.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home