Saturday, March 19, 2005

Crazy with Memories

Had another dream. More fighting about religion. This time it was about my refusal to reasphalt a perfectly decent parking lot near a Mormon temple. They wanted black, black, black. Hot black asphalt soon to paint with bright white lines for parking between while people with temple papers went to temple. I can't go to temple because I don't have temple papers. I don't have temple papers because I drink sinful brown beverages and have unclean thoughts and I don't go to Mormon church and I don't wear garments (special underwear that I know nearly nothing about). And I can't go to Mormon temple weddings, including three sisters, because I don't have temple papers. So why would I want to help with the asphalt project? And for some odd reason I knew exactly how to pave a parking lot.

Trying to figure out where this dream came from, beyond the obvious. A few years back when a sister was getting married my mom and I were asked to clean a street, as in scrub with soap and brush and hose with sprayer nozzle. This is where cars would park for the wedding reception and god knows one needs a clean streetway on which to park a car. Heaven forbid a reception goer see dirt on the street. I have not been able to let the memory go, though I wish I could, my perfectly coifed mother and not so perfectly coifed I scrubbing, hosing, soaping asphalt. Removed oil stains left by cars. Removed shit left by birds. Removed mess left by mother nature. And the funny thing is that the man who asked us to do it talked about it having been done before at ward house parking lots (group of Mormons living in same area going to church at same time=ward, house=church) . People actually clean parking lots. With chemicals and water. I can't get over it. And I can't get over the fact that they wouldn't let me in the temple to see my sisters marry. And I probably never will, hence the dream.

And I'm not sure whether or not to post this cuz today I don't want to offend. Some people want a clean street, a clean parking lot. Just not what I would choose to do. And my comments have nothing to do with me loving or not loving my sister and brother-in-law, because I do love them. As crazy as it sounds, I'm trying to rid myself of some of my memories by writing about them and then posting them here. It helps. It helps someone who is crazy with memories, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home