Monday, March 21, 2005

Place

I went looking for pictures to take, again. I have almost no idea why I have become obsessed with Good Harbor Fillet, the old building. Maybe because I walk along the boulevard nearly every day and there it is. When I arrived people were having a picnic in front of it, looming, white, graffitied with blue sky in the background. I couldn't get enough of it. Then I found the fence and the tangle and the red. More color.

I walked in and around the fort, it feeling not like Gloucester to me. Did anyone know about the playground? And does anyone know what will happen to the big, white building now that GHF has moved to Blackburn Industrial Park?

Interesting to me, this seaport with its money and lack of money, a purposeful or purposeless combination of beautiful and ugly. I think I have fallen in love. With place.

boulevard perspective

picnic near good harbor fillet

good harbor fillet in color

more good harbor fillet

tangle

some color

fort color

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home