Monday, April 04, 2005

For fun...

"What do you do for fun?" asked after a few minutes of careful conversation. How to say, "You aren't going to like what I say"? And it's an odd topic for discussion. Fun? or escape? Or both.

Seems hollow, superficial to ask after three years. Three years, not much seeing your grandchildren, not seeing me, your daughter, the commitment being such. And I know that you know that there isn't a way to explain this commitment to me. I am not going to understand.

Our last conversation, tension real, disappointment real. Trying to get over it. Realized that I haven't gotten over it, though I'm not one to hold a grudge. Get it out, move on. That's how I deal. But this isn't about a grudge, a single incident. It's about growing resentment. It's about disagreeing in a way that is permanent?, children involved, both holding on to what we believe is us.

Where to go from here, for me, except guilt? Accept guilt. Accept that I love you and that you love me. Accept that our views are not going to change, but that our relationship can.

Write. Let go. Move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home